Usenet Search Engine

Jul 12, 1996 05:00 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Hi

There are more than 18,500 usenet groups in use in cyberspace. With such
a large number of usenet groups dealing with there are groups dealing
with almost every imaginable subject and new groups are mushrooming every
day.

There is a very powerful search tool available which will search many
usenet groups and find the messages one is looking for. The power of the
search engine is aweful.

If I want to find all the references to say Theosophy, just use the
search engine, bingo you will get a list of messages where Theosophy is
mentioned.

This is a very useful tool to see what kind of discussion is going on in
usenet groups about one's favourite subject. Researchers love this tool.

The power of the tool extends further. If you want to get a profile of
the my postings on usenet groups, you just have to search by my name. The
messages posted by me will be listed.

To do the searches you need a browser like Netscape etc. With the browser,
just go to:

	http://www.dejanews.com/

and that is all to it.

Enjoy the search engine.