Re: Stuck in the Middle

Jul 11, 1996 00:10 AM
by Maxim Osinovsky

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 RIhle@aol.com wrote

> Welcome to the list
> I guess you will just have to take my word for the fact that things sometimes
> ~go pretty far~ when we follow the "anything-goes" philosophy.  Here, I am
> not referring to forceful arguing about ideas etc.; rather, I am talking
> about ~anything goes~ in terms of unkindness, name-calling, and general abuse
> of other people on the list.
<<clip>>
> I agree that we need heretics as never before . . . and perhaps we even need
> nice people as never before. . . .

Richard,

Thanks for your 'welcome."

I completely agree with what you said about "forcerul arguing about
ideas" versus "unkindness, name-calling, etc." As to nice people... I am
not sure I agree. What do actually mean? pleasing others? It may a be facade
for a lot of unpleasant things, from indifference to
hypocrisy.

Max