Re: Attractions/Attracting to the Oneness

Jul 09, 1996 07:04 PM
by Shaman

...[keith writes]....

> Thanks with all my heart to your synchronistic response.  I am glad it worked
> out that you were a women and I didn't  know it, because it proves that on the
> highest level we are all equal spiritual beings with the right for mutual
> respect, honoring and love not base on our sex or sexual orientation (as stated
> in the TI) objectives.

I don't know about TI objectives...but I know that what you are saying
feels totally correct to me. When we are dealing in the spiritual realm,
there is no valid reason to acknowledge gender. After all, before
we became embodied, we were all spirit forms. We take on the gender
to deal with whatever we have to deal with on the earthly plane. It's not
relevant to the spiritual realm....except perhaps when we are discussing
earthly experiences and trying to put them into perspective.

>  This proves that practically anything or any feeling can
> happen to any human

Yes.

> and that we can move out of the jugement mode into the clear
> light the family of humanity based on our knowledge of our common divine origins
> and ultimate destiny.

Yes, again.

>  Yet we are not at the end of evolution, it seems, by a
> long shot, and we have much karma to deal with before its a done deal.

Of course.

> I would venture to say that not only past life issues, but childhood issues say
> of physical and emotional abuse or neglect surface again in "stalkers" who
> project needs onto their stalked object.

It is a fear of oblivion, I think. I know the mind of my own stalker
quite well...and I think he was afraid that if he was abandoned one
more time that he would simply cease to exist. I believe it is a
combination of childhood issues, spiritual emptiness and karma. He
was not a person with a strong belief in anything that would give
him comfort or perspective. Therefore, he projected that onto people
he made contact with.

>  But how many of us really had all the
> nuturing we needed to develop into the healthy beings we need to be or have
> current outlets for expressions of spiritual love.

Well, I come from a background that was almost completely devoid of
love or any spirituality. It was simply a wretched place to grow up.
While I was never subjected to any severe physical abuse or sexual
abuse, the emotional abuse and spiritual neglect was profound.
Still, there are *so* many outlets available to us. We may not get
it as kids...but there's no real excuse for not getting it as adults.
The problem is that we get *stuck* *acting* the way we were --
instead of *being* who we *are*. The universe has provided us with
so many teachers...and so many opportunities to learn and grow that
there is just no logical reason for that kind of emptiness.

>  The cults like David Koresh
> and even the militia movement show the need for love projected on a spiritual
> teacher or ideal that takes on twisted form that nevertheless screams to society
> for some healthy response even thought the cry for help is very sick.

Absolutely. We come to this planet full of questions and spend our
earthly existences looking for the answers. Although sometimes I agree
with Joseph Campbell that we aren't so much looking for the meaning of
life as we are looking for the experience of being alive.

> seeking immortality.  They unconsciously believe that if the just make enough
> money, if their stock portfolios expand enough they will live forever (it is
> absurd on a rational level, but this what he saw as driving these men like
> Donald Trump, let's say).

But don't you think that is largely cultural? This culture determines
human value by one's possessions and financial status. Kids in
major cities kill each other for Jordan Airs because they believe
that they will be considered more valuable as human beings for having
them.

> these points are.  Money represent the proof of God's love and that they are
> loveable, on some level.  They are absolutely confusing money as frozen spirit.

Exactly.

> In another way the more theosophy and theosphical history or sanskrit terms I
> know, gives me the illusion that I am making spritiual progress when in fact
> they may be for me - inversely proportional if used for self-importance and
> power plays etc.

Or at least within that community, eh?

I agree with the teachers of ACIM that competition between people is
a direct assault on our understanding and realization of our oneness.
Still, we have to choose as individuals to eliminate that from our
lives. As an example, I am so non-competitive that I won't even
play chess. I have deliberately chosen to eliminate it from my
"software package" because I believe it will slow down or completely
halt my own evolvement.

> So much of acting "professional" is disguised cruelty, necessary perhaps, but a
> lie of detached socialbility and not really caring except in the team effort of
> getting more money and making more "points" for the team.

I agree with you completely.

> People long for a
> bacchanal, a dionysian ecstatic connection with primal energies and these may
> take very strange harmful forms.

Yes. If they plunge ahead without teachers, it can become very harmful.
Like Bee was mentioning in her post, that kind of thing can take on
a life of its own. It's important to know what we are dealing with...
and most of us can't do it without teachers.

>  Football is organized war as are the Olympics
> (which I happen to love, I confess because of the exaltation and transformation
> of the human form almost into the angelic -see Leni Reifenstahl's film on the
> Hitler spnsored Olympics called "Olympiad").

I love baseball, too...but I really believe it is about the least harmful
expression of competition there is. I don't really have a big problem
with sports.

> others will talk about how a modern spiritual community can go beyond high-tech
> to high-touch without getting into the dregs of "sex-magic" or all that.

Oh, yes. I know what you are talking about. I really think that will only
come about as we come to understand our oneness -- and stop focussing on
differences. Building bridges instead of walls, iow. The more we come
to understand that we are all fundamentally the same and our needs are
very much the same, we won't be so afraid to touch each other.

> The
> cyber-space is wonderful for its sense  of detachment and universality (I didn't
> know you were a women, nor should I care, and I don't)

Cyberspace has it's function...but it is certainly not a healthy
substitute for the real thing.

>   yet one longs for some
> kind of true spiritual communion beyond words.

I hear ya, Brother! This person responding to you has been divorced and
alone for 4 years now. I know all about that feeling of deprivation.

>  I get this in some local groups
> by the way.

I am working on that myself...trying to find the correct group. I
guess it is a result of my own upbringing -- where my own individuality
was taken from me -- that I will not give any of that away though. It's
always made me very hesitant to "join" anything.

>  But I think it is a direction the new age will need to look beyond
> all those home pages, surf to home page, surf to home page ........

Of course. We need to come out of the closet, in a manner of speaking,
and beging to meet with and talk with each other. Homepages? I've
never looked at one and probably won't. I couldn't care less about
them.

> Shamanism, wicca and the "men's movement" seem to be a "pill" outside of society
> to be take on weekends and on retreats, but haven't been integrated into schools
> and the workplace.

That has been true of every movement since the beginning of man. As a
long-time veteran of the civil rights movement, I am very aware of
how long it takes for social consciousness to change. I'm not holding
my breath, waiting for the things you mentioned to become a part of
the prevailing social ethic.

> What do the Steiner-anthropophists have to offer as a model?
> I have heard a little about Eurythmics and the Waldorf schools etc and the
> German movements before WWII.

Then you know more about it than I do at this point.

> really cares, if one doesn't do something with them beside meditating on them
> and discussing the life out of all of them.

That's where it begins though.

>  Isn't the goal to enliven,
> enlighten our bodies and mutually enlighten and enliven each other for planetary
> evolution?

Yes. But it will be a long journey...and human nature being what it
is, it will be discussed to death before there is enough consensus
to do anything about it.

namaste,

bcs
-- --
Baltimore Chessman-Sweeney                     "I strive to be the person
                                                my dog thinks I am."
e-mail: shaman@primenet.com
        balto1@rtd.com