Re: maditation

Jul 06, 1996 11:12 PM
by ramadoss

At 01:26 AM 7/7/96 -0400, you wrote:
>It seams to me that a lot of people on this list are practicing
>meditation so I have this specific plea that some of you might be able
>help me with. I would rely like to start to meditate but I dont know
>how. Im not the member of any theosophical organization or any
>organization for that mater so I wonder is it even possible to learn to
>meditate on my own. What are your experiences, are there any specific
>books you would recommend, any specific material on the NET, is there
>any specific meditation technique recommended for students of theosophy?
> Thank you in advance for all your answers
>
>                          Ozren

Hi

You may get a lot of responses.

Firstly, one needs to inquire why one should meditate. What is the objective?

Secondly, there are very many definitions of what meditation is.

On one extreme some have written about specific step by step approach. One
of the leading thinkers/teaches of this century, Jiddu Krishnamurti have
discussed a lot about meditation, but did not define what it is and give a
step by step approach.

This is my 2 cents worth (ie. my thinking ) on this subject.

BTW, I do not have any practical experience on meditation, so I can provide
any suggestion from personal experience i.e. methods and results achieved.

******** Peace to all living beings*****************

         M K Ramadoss