Re: Heresy of Separateness

Jul 05, 1996 05:26 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Keith, nice post.  I believe your quote is from Buddha rather
than Blavaksky.  Another way to look at friends and enemies
is through the Jungian idea of psychic projection.  We project
"friends" and "enemies" onto others based on how we think
that they treat us.  They are really just people, neither friends
nor enemies.  People do good and bad things, but are
themselves just people, neither good nor bad.

> Thus we are forced to balance the scales unconciously,
>when we could be proactive by loving unconditionally all the time ( which seems
>for me to be almost impossible, but I hope will become easier).

It will become easier, but probably never easy.  But we have to
keep trying.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI