Re: Coue

Jun 30, 1996 00:28 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:38 PM 6/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960629064909.006deb58@pop.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>Emile Coues, the Frenchman, was the one who did
>>"day by day, I am getting better and better".
>
>Yes, but 'tis Coue with an accent over the "e".
>
>Alan, of real "lower class" origins.
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan: Precisely how does one make an acute accent on a P.C.?

As to your other little editorial comment, I don't hold it against you, but
I see no reason to brag about it. England would be a lot healthier nation if
it weren't so inextricably enmeshed in "class warfare" Marx probably got his
notions because he lived in England (and of course, both Marx and Engles had
no contact with the lower classes other than to hand them their hats and
coats). Alan, when you have spent as much time "in the streets" and "on the
barricades" as I have, actively working for the betterment of the lower
classes and other disenfranchised folks, then, and only then, will you be
eligible to engage in subtle little digs. I still love you dearly, and
respect you greatly, but I think you really need to "get over it".

alexis