Re: reincarnation

Jun 28, 1996 11:44 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:28 PM 6/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alexis:
>>Well once again I have to say that based upon my own experience, I do not
>>believe in Reincarnation" as usually presented. I believe in it in a way,
>>but not as any kind of PERSONAL continuation.
>
>	I hate to say this Alexis, but your view of reincarnation sounds
>like Core Theosophy to me.  As you know, HPB describes eloquently
>how reincarnation works in the annex to Isis Unveiled, where she says
>that the impersonal Ego reincarnates, not the personal ego.
>Elsewhere she says that only the "aroma" of this life will continue
>on because only the "aroma" of each life is absorbed by the Ego.
>If your view differs from HPB's, please amplify.
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry: if the"impersonal ego" equates to what HPB called The Reincarnating
Jiva, then I agree with her absolutely. Where I differ is that based upon
both my experience as a Magician and as a Shaman,it's my experience  that
"The Perispirit" or immediate "higher self" of an excarnate, after it's data
bank is telemetered to the Impersonal Ego, goes on in it's own evolutionary
path. It's a kind of blending of theosophy and spiritualism because in my
experience both are intrinsically valid.

As you get to know me better you'll find I seldom disagree with Yelena
Blavatskaya, but I very rarely agree with those who came after her whom I
view as "revisionists".

alexis