x = theosophy

Jun 27, 1996 07:42 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199606271259.OAA26635@mail.euronet.nl>, Martin_Euser
<euser@euronet.nl> writes
>Lastly I want to say that I regard the division of theosophists
>into two kind of categories as a very simplistic one. It may have
>some value, but I know a lot of people who just study Theosophical
>teachings very seriously and try to gain some understanding of these,
>try to correlate these with their experiences. They would not like
>to be called 'religious adherents' regarding Theosophy. Nor do I.
>In fact, I consider this labeling as a kind of *insult* to these people
>who try to think for themselves.

In my view, theosophy *requires* that we think for ourselves.  We must
also therefore take into account the possibility that when questioning
the thoughts of others ("founders," "core theosophy writers," etc.) we
need to even more rigorously question our own.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age