Re: Opportunity

Jun 26, 1996 11:33 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:27 PM 6/26/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>Well, I won't argue with you on this one.  If she had pulled that stuff on me
>I would feel the same way.  I'm probably slower to anger than you are, but I
>would have turned her into something that likes to eat flies.
>
>Chuck
>
>I think the thing that made me most angry was the imputations of dishonesty
when I had my Gold Card up to the Max paying for the damn thing!
The other really irritating thing was that the charges of "con-artistry"
were combined with charges of stupidity and incompetence, which of course,
are entirely contradictory. Now what she never forgave me for, was that The
Science And Spirit Exposition was an immense success and the T.S> convention
a total flop. That, by the way, was the convention where Larry Bendit and
Stephan Hoeller were passing out the cards that read: "T.S. + E.S. = B.S."!
They both spent most of their time at either my exposition or my house. By
the way the night before the Exposition John and I gave a Buffet Dinner
(Vegetarian of course) to 200 people. Joy was invited, we always do things
properly, but she didn't even respond.

How could one turn her into "something that eats flies" when she's already
something that draws them?

alex