Re: science + religion = theosophy

Jun 25, 1996 11:52 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:02 PM 6/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm curious as to how "process" theosophists (such as Alexis) view the
>"science+religion=theosophy" theme.
>
>Chris
>

>"Process theosophy" is an entirely individual thing. I can tell you how I
regard that equation but other process hteosophists will have to tell you
what they think.

To me "Science+Religion=THEOSOPHY but not theosophy.

In "Core Theosophy" as I see it, there's an enormous amount of religion and
a lot of pseudo-scientific nonsense. Process theosophy is a Heisenbergian
methodology whereby one uses investigation, study, and comparison to attempt
to understand all of the sciences, philosophies and religions in their
relationship to themselves and to one another, in the hope that out of all
the confusion some real knowledge will develop itself.

"Core theosophy" appears to fear the third object. But to me, as a process
theosophist, the third object is the only means to arrive at the goals of
the other two objects and fear of experience is always silly .

alexis dolgorukii