Re: Mail order Theosophy

Jun 25, 1996 11:03 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:16 PM 6/25/96 -0400, you wrote:

>A>Now, you and I disagree almost entirely on most things,
>
>Do we?

Well, so far as we've gone,at least. Not "everything" I am sure!

>	Maybe you're drawing this conclusion a bit too hastily.
>You hardly know my opinion of Theosophy, just a little bit of it.
>Even when you've studied my articles on Theosophy (which you
>probably didn't - did you?) - even then you know only a little bit
>of what I actually think and feel about these things.
>I would be careful with drawing conclusions so hastily.

You're surely right about drawing conclusions too hastily. I started out
fighting with people I am now closest with; and my life partner and I spent
the first three of our twenty five years together fighting about theosophy
and politics. But we haven't had another fight in twenty two years (I guess
we got it all out of our system). Now, I did read your article (7 jewels of
Theosophy) and more than that, I saved it and printed it and read it again!
Now, it represents, to me, exactly what I feel is wrong with the "Core
theosophy", BUT, it is an extremely good presentation of that philosophy. I
just don't happen to agree with it. You did me a service by the way, I took
the opportunity to send a copy to each of my students with the request that
they give me their opinion of it.

>A> our discussions are interesting and I, at least,
>enjoy them. This is equally true with Christopher Allen, he too disagrees
>strongly with almost everything I say, and visa versa. But like my present
>discussions with you there's no hostility either way and I think that in
>time the discussions will be productive if only in that we three will each
>be able to make our individual cases more clearly.
>

>Well, maybe we can learn from each other? At least I hope so.

Martin: I have always believed I learn not only from my students but from
everyone I meet. I'll surely learn from you, and I am learning much from
Chris Allen. I think, that in a peculiar way, I have even learned something
from Bjorn. It's a negative lesson to be sure, but a lesson all the same.

>A><snip> I have a problem with people who are, or rather, who
>claim to be, "good buddies" with "The Master Jesus". Bjorn doesn't like me
>because I made statements that invalidated both Elisabeth Clair "Prophet"
>and Mr. Ballard, whom I believe to be (in Ballard's case...to have been)
>strictly con-artists and phonies.
>

>	Well, I've read one book by ECP and was not very much impressed.
> But I would not be quick to ridicule another one's experiences, however
> unlikely these may seem .

Martin: I wasn't at all ridiculing Bourn's experiences, I was attempting to
tell him mine, but he rejected them as firmly as I reject his "friendship
with the Master Jesus". For instance I knew Elisabeth and her husband Mark
before he died and she turned into what she is now. Their name was NOT
"Prophet" but Probbert. Bjorn refuses to believe this, saying he's seen
Mark's Birth certificate. But we al know how very easy false birth
certificates are to obtain. I also find it interesting that they feel the
need to have a birth certificate to show people if Mark was actually born
with the name he was given on his death. Mr. Ballard's (He founded the "I
am" Movement) troubles with the law are a matter of public record. I didn't
make them up. I think Bjorn's extreme sensitivity on these subjects is in
direct proportion to his insecurities. Anyway, I won't have anything further
to do with him, or say to him. I just don't feel it would be productive.

>A> Now I've also said that I have some
>problems with GdeP's attitude (racist) and his writings, but I have never
>felt him to be a con-artist or a phoney. I just don't agree with much that
>he had to say just as I don't agree with much that you have to say.
>
>	Well, that's your right. I don't see GdeP having a racist attitude
>though, but that's a matter of different opinions.

His view of Blacks as an inferior (junior) species is clearly racist. Now,
his whole period was wildly racist, but he should have, if he was what
people claim he was, been above that kind of harmful nonsense.

>A> But I will tell the truth as I see it.
>

>Of course, everybody should do that and in my opinion it should be done
>in such a way as to not hurt another one's feelings.

I have a question Martin: How can one tell a person the truth, if telling
the truth means your going to tell that person you think they're wrong, and
that will clearly hurt their feelings?

>Martin

alexis>