Re: THEOSOPHY AS A PROCESS

Jun 25, 1996 12:14 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:19 AM 6/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960624184931.006d64d8@pop.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>It also means to go out and try to end oppression and
>>tyranny and injustice and prejudice. That's what I do, and let the "good
>>thoughts" sort of float around as they wish. Now if that kind of action is
>>the RESULT of a positive thought pattern, and it most likely is, then that's
>>fine. But it's the result of an insensible thought pattern and not sitting
>>down and STRIVING to "think good thoughts".
>>See what I mean?
>
>I see what you mean, so for "insensible thought pattern," read "good
>thoughts."  OK? :-). Striving to think "Good Thoughts" is plain crazy.
>You either get 'em or you don't.  If I see someone in pain, and it makes
>*me* hurt, why, that's a "good thought" too if I share the pain and feel
>compassion.  Etc ....
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

Let's look at it this way: People should do good things without any thinking
about it at all, because it just comes naturally, because "door of good
things" is what the person is by nature. That's what I mean by an
"insensible thought pattern", it means "thoughts one doesn't think about" or
automatic behavior. It means being empathic and reacting helpfully because
one has no other choice. It's certainly not the kind of action someone who
divides the world into "Tourists and Pilgrims" would understand. You know
it's funny throughout history, "Pilgrims" have always been terribly
anti-social people, and America's Pilgrims were really not very nice people
as they were bigots of an incredible degree.
Am I correct in assuming that you find the "tourists and pilgrim" nonsense
as ugly as J.R.C. and myself do? By the way, I have had personal experience
of Joy Mills and to me, she is just like your Bristol Lodge president.

alexei