Re: Is Theosophy becoming a Religion? (Part II)

Jun 24, 1996 07:01 PM
by Alan

In message <31CEB1E0.5331@planet8.eag.unisysgsg.com>, "Michael W.
Grenier" <mike@planet8.eag.unisysgsg.com> writes
>Has anyone here studied some of the early newsletters
>and other publications that were put out by the Theosophical
>Society during her lifetime? I'm thinking of Lucifer and other stuff.

Not studied, naybe (there was an awful lot of it) but read some, yes.
In those early and no doubt heady days, contributions appeared from such
as W.W.Westcott, A.E.Waite and other later Golden Dawn people.  SOme of
those who left in 1908 at the time of the Leadbeater Affair were regular
contributors.  Much of what I *have* seen is pretty boring, but not all.
The TS was certainly far more eclectic and less dogmatic in those days -
it may even be true to say that "dogmatic theosophy" had yet to be
invented.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: