Re: Unveiled Isis

Jun 21, 1996 08:27 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <9606210030.AA21809@toto.csustan.edu>, Jerry Hejka-Ekins
<jhe@toto.csustan.edu> writes
>>Could you give the references in gospels that prove that
>>synoptics and John'gospel has a "decided discrepancy" about
>>duration of Jesus'ministry? I couldn't find such discrepancy.

It is a conclusion that can only be reached by reading through the
timing of events as recorded in the Synoptics and then comparing them
with John.  The mathematics give approx. 1 year contra 3 years.  This
discrepancy has been familiar to scholars for over 100 years in recent
times.

G.R.S.Mead, who was latterly HPB's secretary, wrote a book called "Did
Jesus Live 100 B.C.?" in which he revives some ancient views that could,
in the light of today's knowledge, tie "Jesus" in with the Dead Sea
sect.  Scholarship in general regard this as unlikely, though some "new-
agers" go for it (surprise!).

Alan

---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: