Re: Mail Order Theosophy

Jun 19, 1996 11:27 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:09 PM 6/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Doss,
>The people who make up the TS are far better than the organization and they
>will find a way without it.  Groups are nice, but consider this.  I have made
>friends on the net that I have never seen and may never see.  It is a
>different ball game, something the founders could never have conceived of.
>
>Chuck
>
>Chuck:

What you say is true, and I too have made electronic friends on the net. No
one knows that better than you! But in the cases of some of them, I'd sure
like to make them dinner and sit around the table afterwards sharing human
contact. When I first came to theosophy I did so look forward to the Lodge
Meetings, and Federation Meetings and programs etc. We had a lot of fun.
Sure we had disagreements but it's hard to villify someone everyone's seen
with crumbs in their beard! It is a very great concern of mine that, due to
electronic communications we will lose actual human to human contact.

alex