Re: Ruminations

Jun 18, 1996 11:44 AM
by Jerry Schueler

>Punishing the new born for someone elses
>fault is the hight of unfairness

	Alexis, I agree.  It is a well-known fact
in animal training that unless the animal knows
what the punishment is for (i.e., it must be immediate
and consistent) it can't learn.  Humans work much
the same way.  When punishment is immediate
and consistent it works well as a learning tool.
When punishment is neither immediate nor
consistent, pathology develops as in the case
of the borderline personality disorder.  So, if
karma really works as the core teachings say it
does, then we are all pathological disfunctional
victims of abuse.  Fortunately for us, karma does
not work that way.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI