Re: Name?

Jun 17, 1996 00:45 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:13 PM 6/16/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960616184640.006c4fcc@pop.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>
>>Yelena Blavatskaya's activities
>
>Pretty please, Alexis <BIG INGRATIATING SMILE> could you standardise
>your spelling of her name ... ?
>
>TIA
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

I've pretty well settled on that one. It IS the correct spelling. You know
that in Russian a woman's name is spelled differently than her husbands or
fathers. Nichephor Blavatsky was her husband, she was Yelena Petrovna
Blavatskaya. As that is the correct spelling that's the one I'll use from
now on. I suppose to be consistent I should sign myself Alexei
Alexandreivitch, but I am an American and so I'll stick with the anglicized
Alexis.

alexis <smiling>