Re: Postings on CWL Controversy

Jun 15, 1996 09:28 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:50 AM 6/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>Show me someone who thinks he's an arhat and I'll show you and airhead.
>
>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>"Airhead"...hah! I could easily think of another epithet beginning with
"a". You know the thing about CWL and his covey of bishops/arhats is that he
always sort of made it clear that by claiming to be "only" an Arhat, he was
being modest and discreet. What he was always posing as was a Mahatma. I
also believe he talked Besant into that hallucination too. I was "browsing"
through some of his books the other day...and you'd be surprised how
frequently his sentences start with "Even I.......". For instance in
discussing certain "exalted beings in the hierarchy" and in discussing the
so-called "9th Initiation" he says "Even I have never encountered such a
being"...what does that say about his pretensions?

alexis