Re: Re to D. DeG.

Jun 13, 1996 10:48 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Don:
>I use to believe that the brain was merely a channel for our non-physical self.
>I no longer belief this idea.  I consider the idea, but I do not believe it.
>What I do know, and have seen in hospital settings is that people who
experience
>brain damage undergo drastic changes in their mental and psychological
>functioning.
>I have discovered, and unfortunately, again do not have time to
>dwell on this issue, that the idea that the brain creates our conscious
>awareness is not contradictory to traditional occult ideas of transcendental
>realities.

	Guess what, Don, I completely agree with you.  BTW, I too
studied the brain during my own Ph.D. program, especially the new
chaos model of the brain.  The idea here folks is that the brain is
largely responsible for our waking state consciousness, or how
consciousness functions in the waking (physical) state.  Without
a healthy brain, we have no normal waking state consciousness.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI