Re: Krishnamurti

Jun 07, 1996 01:36 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:41 PM 6/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <9606051956.AA06775@toto.csustan.edu>, Jerry Hejka-Ekins
><jhe@toto.csustan.edu> writes
>>I find it very strange to see so many people
>>following and hanging on to every word uttered by a man who kept
>>telling everybody  not to follow him or to hang onto his words.
>
>Quite!  I read a book containing talks of his in which he told the
>audience not to write down what he was saying, as it was only relevant
>at that particular moment in that particular place.  This statement was,
>of course, faithfully writeen down and recorded as "words of wisdom."
>
>I personally find him extremely boring.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

I've seen Krishnamurti a few times and you know what? I think he found
himself boring. He was the Krishnamurti Foundation's only asset and he did
what he had to to keep it going. Otherwise, he might actually have had to
earn a living. I once saw the following exchange. Questioner: "Mr.
Krishnamurti are you The World Teacher?" K: "No." questioner: "Then what are
you?" K. "I'm a man who goes around the world teaching." It's clever, but is
it the statement of a sincere person?

alexis