I-Ching: Primal correlates constructed

Jun 05, 1996 10:10 AM
by John E. Mead

hi -

I finally figured out how the primal correlates are constructed.
The hexagrams are ordered first by polarity, and then the 62
"mixed" hexagrams are divided into the top 31 (yang) and lower 31
(yin) hexagrams. you then associate the highest yang with the highest
yin going down in order until the lowest yang goes with the lowest
yin.  That is definitely  how they are constructed.

the question is now:  why. and what are they good for.  I looked at
a couple of primal correlates,  but it was unclear how the relationship
was useful.
(maybe I shouldn't be surprised?? :-)

I can post some details,  but I figured only a couple people really
were interested.

note to Dr.A Bain --  I'm back working on that old thorny problem;
trying to build a tree from yarrow stalks :-)

peace -

john e. mead

John E. Mead  jem@vnet.net
Theos-L etc. list-owner
Member of Theosophical Society in America
Member of Theosophy International
[Physics is impossible without imaginary numbers]
[Mathematics is impossible without consciousness]