Re: Response to JRC's posting

Jun 04, 1996 08:17 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>>... I struggle often with even the most recent writings of Theosophy
>> (Quest Magazine is an example)

Doss:>	You are not alone in finding the writings of Theosophy in Quest
>being difficult. I have been around Theosophy for quite some time, and I
>have found it very difficult to read and many times the magazine went
>straight into the waste paper basket immediately after it arrived. It
>appears that Quest is on its way to a natural death after the next three
>or so issues.

	I hate to say "I told you so" but way back in the PeaceNet
days, I wrote an article about the Fog Index, and how Quest's  was
so high that the magazine was in danger of dying for lack of a
reading public.  Looks like I was right.  I only wonder how it has
lasted this long, and why they didn't ease up a bit on the all the Ph.D.
phrasology.  Pd.D.s make a magazine respectable, but also so
difficult to read that the public (which has a 7th grade reading level)
is usually left in the cold.  The Quest is a great magazine, but clearly
not suitable for Joe Sixpack.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI