Re: To Donna, Re: Chuck & Alexis

Jun 04, 1996 10:30 AM
by Bjorn Roxendal

At 01:26 PM 6/4/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Plagiarism is definitely pernicious, but I don't think Besant was a
>plagiarist. I think she allowed Leadbeater to put things together in her
>name, and that's fraudulent, and fraud is pernicious.

You thinking this was so doesn't make it so. And, as I said, most of ABs
books are actually speeches she gave at different occasions. Perhaps CWL was
her speech writer? I don't think so, but I don't really know or care. I read
the books and I find mental clarity AND devotion in them. The teachings so
presented are very beneficial, and, as far as I can see, fairly (although
not perfectly) accurate.

 Leadbeater also wrote
>things and put them out under Krishnamurti's name (something Krishnamurti
>bitterly resented).

I have an interesting book by Mary Lutyens (?) that goes into some detail
regarding K, CWL and AB. Will get back to that.

 But obviously you and I will never have a meeting of the
>minds on this subject

You are probably right, but it is interesting to see what you base your
opinions on.

Bjorn

roxendal@alpinet.net