Re: Intelligence Tests

Jun 03, 1996 10:51 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:49 PM 6/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960603063653.006cc3e0@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>Now as to intelligence tests? Most academics in the field of education
>>consider them to be a very poor indicator of intelligence at all.
>
>O Shit!  That's me blown out of the water again!
>
>Alan @-)
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

As a matter of fact Alan, those self-same intelligence tests, applied in a
similar fashion to that which Bjorn discusses, also "prove" that the inmates
of most prisons are more intelligent than the general population, and even
more embarrassing to Mensa; the inmates of most insane asylums are very
significantly "more intelligent" than the normal population. Someday,
perhaps, the educational-psychological establishments will work out a
methodology to: 1st. Define intelligence (that's pretty well accomplished).
2nd: Not measure it but evaluate it. Until that is accomplished, I.Q. is
just one bit of information to add to the data-bank, but it's really
meaningless in making comparisons between people.
"Rough guide" yes, "accurate chart" no!

alexis