Re: Blind Men and the Elephant

Jun 03, 1996 08:27 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Jerry Schueler wrote:

> Jerry S.:
> >>... because theosophists who
> >> study the literature over a long period of time become convinced
> >> (falsely) that they know everything.  The idea that one can understand...
> >>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> Doss:
> >	Agreed, No one can know everything.
>
> 	Its more than that, Doss.  The human mind thinks
> that it can, and tries very hard.  If it feels incompetent, it simply
> reads a bit more to try to learn faster.  Its like a dog chasing
> its tail.  It thinks that it can catch it by simply going faster.
> I know, because this is how I used to be.  James Long
> noted this in me, and told me that I was trying to wrap
> truth up in a box tied neatly with a pretty ribbon.  He pointed
> out that what I was trying to do, couldn't be done, and he
> suggested I stop reading and studying and instead try to
> assimilate what I had already read.  The truth, in short, was
> already within me, if I could only see it.  This pretty well changed
> me around, gave me a whole new worldview, and transformed
> me from a sheep to a wolf, for which I will be eternally
> gratefully.
>
> 	Jerry S.
> 	Member, TI

 	I am fully aware of it. In a recent book, the author explains
this like someone being inside a prison and is trying to rearrange things
or understand things all within a prison. What is needed is break out of
the prison and come out as free person and metaphorically in such freedom
you are transformed.

	...Ramadoss