Re: Ruminations

Jun 02, 1996 00:23 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:12 PM 6/1/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Why not take from any source that's going?  Who is to define "tainted"?

It's not a difficult definition: The Inquisition+pogroms+gettos+Crusades+The
Holocaust= "tainted". "By their fruit shall ye know them!"

>"Prove?"  Proving *any* esoteric truth is nigh impossible.  We either
>experience it or we don't.  Having experienced it, we then interpret the
>experience.  Then we are quite likely to fight about the interpretation!

But do we not tend to have experiences that are to some degree "scripted"
and the result of the mis en scene of our pre-dispositions and beliefs?

>I am not trying to change your mind, so un-bait your breath.  The
>example I have in mind depends upon other sources for its veracity,
>though it stands up well as an example of "something other" on its own.
>>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www,garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html

Alan: Eh bien mon ami, I await with intense interest.

alexis