Re: Bickering Nonsense Claims Another Poster

May 30, 1996 12:05 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:35 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:

>It seems that the bickering nonsense that pervades all the other
theos-lists has
>finally made its way to theos-new, as well.  I have no disagreement with any of
>the posts on theos-news, except for the fact that most of them, lately, are not
>news and belong on the other parts of the list.  Recently, someone posted about
>the declining number of members on the theos-lists.  Could one of the reasons
>why people are signing off have something to do with the extreme lack of
>netiquette on the theos-lists?
>
>I subscribe to more than one list and have every right to "unsubscribe"
whenever
>I feel my time is being wasted on any one of them.
>
>Before I unsubscribe on theos-news, I wish to publicy state that my resignation
>from all the current theos-lists has nothing to do with intolerance or
>disagreement of opinon.  It has to do with some of the list members failure to
>act like intelligent and responsible adults on the Internet.
>
>Sincerely,
>Ann E. Bermingham
>Member TI

I have only two things to say in regard to your posting. One why does your
view on what is appropriate for Theos-News prevail of Ramadoss's views? He
may, and in fact obviously does, believe that the T.S.Election is clearly
News. What's so awful about that? If elections aren't news the entire
American Media is terribly misguided.

Secondly, you, or anyone else, has a right to unsubscribe at any time to any
group, what I am objecting to is the constant "soap boxing" of threats to
unsubscribe, and the judgemental attitude towards the behaviour and ideas of
others.

alexis