To: Kay Ziatz Re: how the internet works

May 30, 1996 04:32 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Dear Konstantin,

In the USA we have two kinds of service. The large providers, like America
on Line, charge $2.- per hour. I belong to small service which only services
my city and a few neighboring ones, and I pay $26.- a month. I can use the
service as much as I would like. Nobody ever gets cut off here from their
service, except if you don't pay your fee. But the mailing list have
managers and owners. John Meade is the manager of theos-l. He could
conceivably cut someone off. But her believes in allowing everyone to say
what they wish to say, & he's not very likely to cut anyone off. It may be
different on another mailing list.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Liesel