Re: T.S. in a Rut

May 30, 1996 12:13 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 12:22 PM 5/30/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Eldon,
>Joe Sixpack is exactly who the founders had in mind.

Alexis comments: RIGHT ON CHUCK!!!!!!

>Right now the TS is a debating society for people who know more about
>sanskrit than about living and it has damned little that relates to everyday
>life.

Alexis comments: TRUE, TRUE, TRUE!!!!!

>We are about to see Theosophy for the Millions.  Just wait until we can all
>post to the newsgroup (with any luck I will solve a problem with my com
>program and be on in couple of days) and the newsgroup gets hundreds of
>postings a day, most of them from people who are decidedly not theosophists.
>
>We can't hide in our little holes anymore and content ourselves with boring
>each other to death with rounds and chains.  There is a huge world out there
>that needs us and if we cannot make ourselves relevant to them, they will go
>somewhere else.  We are about to come blasting into the world and that means
>that we are going to have to talk about practical applications of what we
>know.

Alexis comments: The really vital thing here is to first separate what we
KNOW distinctly from what we only THINK we know! Orthodox Theosophists know
far too many things that just aren't so! Theosophy needs to be purged of all
it's "hot Air" and all it's nonsense and fairy tales before it can go public
and hope for any wide-spread acceptance. What good is an organization
composed only of the fatuous and gullible? The young people today are very
cynical and they just don't buy the "believe what we tell you approach"
you've got to show them! Theosophy hasn't "shown" anybody anything since May
8th 1891!

>Hang on.  It's gonna be a hell of a ride.

SURE IS!!!!!

>Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker