Re: Ruminations

May 29, 1996 04:45 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199605292241.AAA04451@mail.euronet.nl>, Martin_Euser
<euser@euronet.nl> writes
>Hi Alexis, Alan
>

>Got the booklet, Alan. I've read it with interest. Many points of view are
>shared by me, as I'm sure by many others too.
>
>One point remains a bit obscure to me, and that's your view on reincarnation.
>You say on p. 24, that 'death isn't (a recurring incident)'.
>You explain this by saying that an individual human being continues as
>an independant spirit in it's own right in the 'post-mortem' state.
>One of the questions one could ask is: what about karma, what about the
>effects of deeds that are not yet equilibrized. How else then by reincarnation
>could these effects or consequences be settled? Please explain to me!
>Also, how would you account for the vast differences between people,
>unequal opportunities, if not by karma?

This is a question (in the first instance) for Alexis - it is his
publication!

>Now, about religion, that's quite a story! I agree that most of religions
>have become a bit of an empty shell. But what about finding the esoteric
>meanings of what's left of value in them? What do you think about that?
>
>Curiously,
>
>Martin

There is a lot to be discovered in Christianity, that I know from having
discovered some!  HPB made some useful pointers to such early writers as
Clement of Alexandria, who only just made it to saint - it was touch and
go in those days.  They either "sainted" people, exiled them, or
murdered them, depending on the prevailing theological wind and the
current state of power politics. :-)

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: