Re: TSA Voting Tally - Update

May 29, 1996 11:21 AM
by ramadoss

Thanks for Sy Ginsburg's response on the question of TSA Voting Tally
matter. As an attorney who is licensed to practice in Illinois but now
living in Florida, he is fully qualified to comment on the whole situation
from a professional point of view.

I am not sure if John Algeo sees any e-mail from theos-xxxx (which is the
only active maillist at this time on Internet). Hence have made a hard copy
and FAXed it to him for his information.

At this time it is very important to note that the whole request for the
vote tally information is 100% my idea as I want to take full credit for it.
Also all the researching on the IL Non Profit Corporation Act was done at my
own time. I am clarifying this to make it clear that it is my idea and it is
my efforts that is solely at the back of this correspondence.

As further developments take place I will keep you all informed.

        MK Ramadoss

At 08:20 AM 5/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks to Ramadoss for posting John Algeo's response to Ramadoss's fax
>requesting information about the recent TSA election, and also for posting the
>relevant portions of the Illinois General Not for Profit Corporation Act.
In my
>view Ramadoss is correct.  The statute controls notwithstanding any
>corporation's bylaws to the contrary, and I am glad that Ramadoss has called
>this to the attention of national President, John Algeo.  Any member of TSA, or
>his agent or attorney, may inspect the books and records of the corporation at
>any reasonable time.  This would, of course, include the election results.
>
>In this respect, one would think that our national President, John Algeo, would
>be voluntarily forthcoming with information about the corporation, in this case
>information about the recent election.  This is, after all, the Theosophical
>Society in America, which is not only an Illinois corporation but presumably an
>organization dedicated to upholding the highest standards of behavior.  I
assume
>I am not incorrect about our corporation's dedication to high  standards.
>
>Unfortunately, in order for a member of such a corporation to assert his/her
>legal rights if they are not voluntarily given to him/her by those elected to
>run the corporation, an action must be taken, and I do not know how much more
>Ramadoss can do without incurring excess cost, from his location in San
Antonio.