Re: TSA Voting Tally - Update

May 29, 1996 10:34 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:21 AM 5/29/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Finally, I wish to express the opinion that unless a substantial number of
>members of the Theosophical Society in America stand up and object to the
>corporate behavior of our national officers and directors where they believe
>such behavior to be improper, these officers and directors  will not listen to
>us.
>
>Sy Ginsburg

Sy:

I agree whole heartedly with every word you wrote. I also think that M.K.
Ramadoss really deserves a major vote of thanks for his unstinting efforts
on behalf of the members of the Theosophical Society in America to recall
their elected leadership to its duties and responsibilities. Unfortunately
it is my belief that these so-called "elected leadership" has it's own
agenda (what ever that may be), and that agenda does not include the needs
and desires of the general membership.

It is my considered belief that much of their activity is predicated on the
question: "How many non-E.S. members can we get to resign?". After all Sy,
you're an attorney, you know more about these things than most of us, though
as a politician's son I know something about the actions of officialdom.
What could the motivation behind disenfranchisement, especially retroactive
disenfranchisement, be? Except to encourage discouragement, disillusionment,
and resignation on the part of those so disenfranchised. What other
motivation could be behind these "totalitarian Style" fraudulent elections.
They have an agenda, and that agenda doesn't include people like thee and me!

Doss writes letter after letter, and faxes fax after fax and is totally
ignored other than to receive little "notes of dismissal",  you, I'm sure
have also been ignored, though how they can ignore the President of one of
the largest Lodges in America I don't know. But here too, the motivation is
pretty obvious, they just don't give a damn about the members. I have
personally written two letters on the subject of my own membership to John
Algeo and received absolutely no response from him. This is totally
unacceptable behaviour, and being the President of an Organization with only
4200 (approx) members, he can hardly blame the "press of business". I have,
in the past been Vice President of the northern California Federation of the
T.S.A, Vice-President of the San Francisco Lodge, and President of the San
Jose Lodge. But I'm not a member of the E.S. and so I don't count at all.
Probably more important still, I am known to be an implacable opponent of
the E.S. therefore they are trying to irritate me sufficiently enough to
force a resignation, which I also believe, is what John Algeo and Company is
trying to do to you, and Doss, and anyone else who doesn't "fall in line".

John Algeo apparently feels that as a "Direct representatives of the
Mahatmas" he is above and beyond the provisions of Illinois State Statutes,
just as Radha Burnier believes herself to be above any Nation's Statutes,
which is why the Canadians got bounced. Those of us who do not approve of
this situation should really take action.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what their agenda is except to
produce a TSA which is composed only of E.S. Members who will then totally
control the not inconsiderable fiduciary assets of the TSA. I would be
considerably interested to know if the lady who retained the seat you ran
for, is a member of the E.S. If so, I assure you the word "shame" isn't in
her vocabulary except as a pejorative to apply to those who get in the
E.S.'s way.

I think we have about two years to do something and then it will be too late.

alexis dolgorukii