Re:alt.theosophy; Archiving alt.theosophy postings

May 27, 1996 12:50 PM
by Martin_Euser

Doss>Some have had problems in accessing alt.theosophy. I tried to access it
 via Netscape Browser by asking the browser to go to news:alt.theosophy.
 It succeeded in getting the six messages that were posted. I also posted
 a message and so far it has not been rejected. May be this will help.

I access alt.theosophy the same way, except that it is through
Microsoft's internet explorer 2.0 (can be downloaded free !).
If you setup a newsgroupreader within your browser, you should theoretically
be able to access all newsgroups there are..

BTW, there are now about 17 messages posted.

Doss>Is the fee you are refering to, is for archiving or for accessing?

For subscribing to some Deja-club. A prerequisite for getting free web-space..
They give you a seven day trial period.

Doss>I have been able to access Dejanews and did not see any fee schedule

Fee schedule is for above purpose. BTW, I accessed the URL you gave me.
Deja archives recent newsgroup postings (up to about two months old, I think)

Martin