Re: alt.theosophy

May 27, 1996 10:07 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:23 AM 5/27/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Chuck:
>It appears to me that for a novice who has not even used a maillist, it is
>going to be a steep learning curve to learn how to access and use usenet
>group. Over a course of time, with right newsreader I think this could be
>made easier. ...MK Ramadoss

Doss:

I don't know how much of a "steep learning curve" it is, from what I can see
when I access the Alt.theosophy list, it's very simple to use and more
self-tutorial than most. The only problem would seem to be the possession of
the right access provider. For instance, you, Eldon, and Alan Bain, have all
gotten immediate full access. Chuck and I can reach the list, read the
messages and respond to individual messages but cannot post to the list
itself. This is because (in my case) slip.net hasn't gotten around to adding
Alt.Theosophy to it's newsgroups listings. Once it does (which I'm assured
will be shortly) then it is all quite easy to handle. I'm using Netscape
Gold and it's graphics ( I assume that
it's netscape's graphics and not alt.theosophy's) are entirely
self-explanatory even for a technophobe like myself.

alexis