Re: the challenge of alt.theosophy

May 26, 1996 06:52 AM
by m.k. ramadoss

Chuck:

After the second day when I saw three messages and replied to them,
everyday I see zero new messages on alt.theosophy. Now that you have
explained how you are unable to post messages, I understand why.

So far I have not seen any of the Officers of TSA participating in any
message traffic theos-xxxx it appears because it is not an
"official" list.

To the best of my knowledge, I have not seen any "official" usenet
newsgroups, do you know if such an entity ie official usenet exists at
all in Internet?

The Internet is a totally new ballgame and rules are totally different.
Sooner everyone interested in making Theosophy available to the world
understands this fundamental *fact* better it is for Theosophy.

As eldon pointed out about being diplomatic in our posts in usenet, I
tend to agree with him. Here almost everyone has gone out of their way to
be polite and not personally offend others or their views or their
opinions. This is primarily due to most having been exposed to Theosophy.
Such may not be the case in usenet. We will have to watch and see how the
usenet group evolves.

Again my personal gratitude to you and anyone else who was instrumental
in getting the newsgroup going.

	Ramadoss