Re: "No Explanation" & No Goodbyes

May 26, 1996 00:32 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

Alan:

When last I saw Rudy, and then later when I spoke to him on the phone, he
seemed terribly distraught about the "rejection of the old language". The
word "Brotherhood" was particularly important to him because of his personal
associations with it over the course of his life. He is a lovely person but
painfully conservative. From what I could understand from our inter-actions
he just couldn't cope with the kind of revisionist attitude which to him,
typified T.I. I think he liked the people involved, but couldn't accept what
they were doing to his Ideal. It isn't as if he's an E.S. type, and he
certainly doesn't seem to approve of The administration at Adyar. But I just
think T.I. was too radical for his emotional well-being.

It is my hope, and my intuition, that given time, and a period of
introspection, Rudy will see that we are not "tearing down" but simply
making the irrelevant relevant. As you know, I gave him my personal copy of
"Ruminations", and for all I know it's that which precipitated his actions.
But he's a highly intelligent and well-meaning person, and in time I think
he'll be fine.

alexis