Re: 3 objects

May 25, 1996 04:25 PM
by Alan

In message <199605251456.KAA08686@ultra1.dreamscape.com>, "liesel f.
deutsch" <liesel@dreamscape.com> writes
>Before it gets lost in the shuffle of messages, I'd like to reiterate some
>of what I responded to Don's very thoughtful messages about TI intentions.

>>>snip<<<

>one of
>the hallmarks of Theosophy is the 3 Objects. So I'd keep them, but in
>amended form.
>
>for 1.) I'd put something like
>"To put into practice the fact that we are all parts of one human family, &
>all parts of the universe beyond that,"

I think I would stop at the "one human family" for basic statements -
broader perspectives could be explored better by longer articles written
by members, don't you think?  They need not be long, but they could be
varied.

>for the 2d & 6the 3rd objects I like Don's statement, but I'd mention in
>some way that some of us are interested in studying the history of
>Theosophy, Atlantis, Lemuria & etc, past thoughts & theories & what they can
>bring, and the push & pull of the various leaders, but I would also call
>attention to exploring the edge of the unknown of all realms of knowledge.
>To me, the latter is of the greatest importance, because that way lies our
>evolutiion. So some of us would go into what's been, & some of us will
>explore the edge of the unknown. And thus we'd all contribute to the good of
>the whole from our own unique perspective.

Again, I would see this as subject matter for members to write about -
in Rudy's still present Web page he has a section for contributions by
members, but so far mine is still the only one to which there is a link.
He has left TI with no explanation, but left the Web page with its
solitary link.  Very puzzling.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: