3 objects

May 25, 1996 06:51 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Before it gets lost in the shuffle of messages, I'd like to reiterate some
of what I responded to Don's very thoughtful messages about TI intentions.

He wanted the objects to read "To provide a forum where each person can
explore life and contribute their unique prespective to the good of the whole"

I like that a lot, but think it's a little too broad. Besides, to me, one of
the hallmarks of Theosophy is the 3 Objects. So I'd keep them, but in
amended form.

for 1.) I'd put something like
"To put into practice the fact that we are all parts of one human family, &
all parts of the universe beyond that,"

for the 2d & 6the 3rd objects I like Don's statement, but I'd mention in
some way that some of us are interested in studying the history of
Theosophy, Atlantis, Lemuria & etc, past thoughts & theories & what they can
bring, and the push & pull of the various leaders, but I would also call
attention to exploring the edge of the unknown of all realms of knowledge.
To me, the latter is of the greatest importance, because that way lies our
evolutiion. So some of us would go into what's been, & some of us will
explore the edge of the unknown. And thus we'd all contribute to the good of
the whole from our own unique perspective.

Liesel