Re: chohan

May 24, 1996 00:01 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:53 PM 5/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>While I'd consider the Masters to be competent, and to do their
>work with far greater excellence than we possibly could, I
>don't see them as managers of anything. I don't see there as
>being some occult world corporation running things behind the
>scenes. What I rather see is simply more advanced humans,
>with organizations, societies, universities, projects to work
>on to aid the world, etc. It's not organized along the lines
>of rank and authority like a military organization; it's
>like the free citizens of the US choosing to do what they would,
>including participating in a university, doing social work, etc.
>
>-- Eldon

Eldon: I hope this won't be bad for your heart (grin), but you have just
given a definition of Adepts that almost matches my own. Almost word for
word, in fact! The only addition I can make is that one can easily identify
them by way of the fact that their lives have an important effect on the
lives of all who come in contact with them, and they definitely make the
world a visibly better (or at least different) place. That's why we must
include people like Nelson Mandela and Stephen Hawking. They simply do not
"materialize" or "walk through walls" as in the Besant-Leadbeater model. I
think a good definition is that they are advanced humans who act as
spiritual and social catalysts to effect change.
St. Germaine, who everyone admits was an adept was an agent of revolutionary
change, so it's not all "sweetness and light"

alexis