Re: Memories

May 23, 1996 11:48 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:26 PM 5/23/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Battle of Ypres, December, 1918, shot down in an aircraft.  Vivid
>memory, but mine or another's?  As I see it it could be either.
>Possibly under war conditions, where people get slaughtered in hubdreds
>of thousands, many may return *within a short time* though this would
>not be the norm? What think you?
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk

Alan:

As I see it that young boy who got shot was himself, and I am myself, we are
absolutely not the same, but we are "related" as it were (in this case in
more than one way). As to the Pilot who got "downed" well he was he and Alan
is Alan. It's not so much that you are a "continuation" of him,but that you
are a RESULT of him, and many other people. Now as to the re-manifestation
of the Farvashi (a Persian word for Perispirit or Monad), well, as far as
both my studies and my experiences have led me to understand, that can be
anything from 100's of years (or far more) to absolutely no time at all.
Your pilot dies in 1919, and you are born in.....what 1931 or 2? My boy dies
in 1919 and I am born in 1935 (I find the fact that he died on July 16th and
I was born on July 16th fascinating, but I haven't the vaguest Idea what it
means). But that I don't think is any indication of an "average" because I
don't think there is an "average". Once again everything is unique and
individual. The important thing to me is that I am not that boy "returned"
for he is off continuing his evolution, but I am the present vessel of the
immortal evolving spirit that manifested the two of us separately. I arrived
at this view, which is admittedly complicated, after spending twenty years
or so deeply contemplating the dichotomy between the theosophical view and
the spiritualist view both of which had great merit in my eyes. But, as a
Shaman, while I think "Summerland" etc. is a bit silly, the ongoing survival
of physical death was a strong reality to me, but the evolutionary version
which is inherent in theosophy and reincarnation had also proven valid. I
have had a lot of help from a spirit who is really interested in this
subject, and who is unhappy with how it is presently being presented. That's
a short version of my ideas. As they say in a Papal Consistory "How does it
seem to you, Bishop?"

alexis