Re: Why the Drop in the number of Subscribers?

May 23, 1996 05:44 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Dear Rich,

I agree a lot, ie with great emphasis, with what you say you'd like to see
on a theosophical mailing list.

I've gotten disgusted with what there is, & before I look at the theos
messages I go to my medit-l mailing list, which is much shorter, but has
contributions from a variety of spiritual seekers from a number of
disciplines, and the conversation & comparisons go on peacefully in a spirit
of inquiry and sharing.

I'm especially interested in your correspondence with the imprisoned Tibetan
nun. What language do you use? Can you tell us some of what she writes, or
would that put her into more danger? I think correspondence with people like
that can do some good. You can make her feel that she's not all alone, &
that someone on the outside knows she's there, & cares about her.

 I used to write to some convincts in the US for better or for worse, but
right now, for the better, I'm corresponding with 2 theosophists. One's a
teacher in poorest Africa. I'm trying to give him ideas as to how to improve
his people's standard of living.  The other is a Russian Jungian
psychologist who's trying to teach Russians how to acquire individuation.
I've been sending him books. Just now, I have a huge amount of money at my
disposal for him from another Theosophist in Australia, & I'm in the middle
of ordering a list of 53 books & tapes he'd like to get for his lectures,
his studies, & those who attend his group sessions. Also, don't you know ...
he's had health problems for almost a year now, and the person he found who
could heal him in Moscow was a Tibetan Buddhist.

Also, if you've noticed, Martin Euser from Holland has recently resurfaced,
& joined TI, & he started talking about how one may use theosophy every day.
Maybe we're getting there. It beats dead leader bashing, or each other
bashing, or clowning around for the h... of it.

You know, you yourself have taught me something. I didn't know anything
about the ULT before I came up against you, except for a brief, amicable
conversation with a ULT member at a conference. I thought of you in terms of
Christian Fundamentalist fanatics. & you aren't that at all. You know a lot,
have sensible opinions, & I've come to respect ULT a lot more from having
had contact with you.

Liesel