Re: Why the Drop in the number of Subscribers?

May 23, 1996 12:03 PM
by Richtay

Bee writes,

> I have left theos-l now because it no longer interests me to spend the time

> on it. ... I will stick with theos
> news for the odd snippet and the literature that appears from time to time.
> It was nice knowing you all but enough is enough.

Ditto.  Enough IS enough.  However, I've signed onto theos-world which
apparently is slated to start in early June sometime, I don't know exactly
when.  Looks fun.  I sure hope there's fewer nasty arguments though.  It
would be great to have civil conversations, even when people don't
necessarily agree.  It would be especially great to hear, like when Bee
posted about her lodge, what people are doing in their own areas for
Theosophy.  What are they studying in groups or alone?  How do they make the
teachings real in their life?

Recently, I found that joining Amnesty International and writing a few
letters a month to free prisoners of conscience really worked with my
Theosophical philosophy.  Especially when I wrote a letter for a poor Tibetan
nun locked in a Chinese prison.  The poor woman was just practising her
religion as a celibate nun, and she got locked up for saying in public one
time "free Tibet."  God forbid.  So that's one way Theosophy comes alive in
my life.