Re: chohan

May 23, 1996 09:15 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

Chuck:

[writing to Doss]

>Now for the real important question.  The Peter Principle states that
>everyone in an organization rises to their level of incompetence.  Given
>that, what does it say about the Masters, and the Chohan in particular?
>(Heh, heh, heh)

<Ha!> Yes, that is funny! But still, the Peter Principle only
takes hold in some corporations. Others maintain a standard of
excellence. How are they different? One has competent managers
that actually *manage*. They don't allow unqualified underlings
to be promoted. On the other hand, once high management is
incompetent, all hell can break loose, and the Peter Principle
rules!

Speaking of the Masters and the Mahachohan, though, it's only
in the Besant/Leadbeater model (and perhaps in Bailey) that we
have a business-like or church-like hierarchy of adepts running
the show. Each of these adepts would be like a certain level
manager in some large corporation, with a title, rank, position,
authority, etc.

While I'd consider the Masters to be competent, and to do their
work with far greater excellence than we possibly could, I
don't see them as managers of anything. I don't see there as
being some occult world corporation running things behind the
scenes. What I rather see is simply more advanced humans,
with organizations, societies, universities, projects to work
on to aid the world, etc. It's not organized along the lines
of rank and authority like a military organization; it's
like the free citizens of the US choosing to do what they would,
including participating in a university, doing social work, etc.

-- Eldon