Re: Why the Drop in the number of subscribers

May 23, 1996 04:32 AM
by Sy Ginsburg

I am interested in reading and sometimes participating in the messages on the
theos-* bulletin boards.  But the message traffic is overwhelming.  When I turn
on my email at night, and discover 100+ messages, among which are intermixed a
few messsages from business colleagues, etc., it is overwhelming to separate the
theos.* traffic from the other email.

Also, I find it tedious to reread previous messages which message writers have
simply recopied before giving their reply.  I do not think this is necessary and
those of you who do this, are wasting the time of those who you expect to read
your messages.

All of this is simply too time consuming.

I will be traveling again in a few weeks and will unsubscribe because I do not
want to return and find 2000+ Email messages.

I do not have a solution to this traffic problem, but believe that it is a more
serious problem than the complaints about people arguing, etc.  I present it to
the techies among you to see if there is some way in which theos-* messages can
clearly be delineated as such, so that a subscriber  can easily delete them
without deleting and/or interfering with his/her other email.

Sy Ginsburg