we done it!!!!!!

May 22, 1996 08:57 PM
by Drpsionic

The various Theosophical publishing houses had better start printing lots and
lots of copies of the Secret Doctrine.
The Olcott Library had best get lots of library membership forms ready.
The TSA membership department is going to have to invest in an extra hard
drive.
Theososphy is about to reach more people than HPB ever dreamt of.

This could be the best day since the Emerald City installed anti-aircraft
super soakers!
Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and good,
British beef roasting on the barbecue!

WE HAVE OUR NEWSGROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alt.theosophy is now up and running thanks to the good offices of my dear
friend Marj Peary, to whom we all owe much gratitude.

Now all we have to do is let our various servers know that a. the newsgroup
exists and b. we want access to it.  That may take a little time, but the
handwriting is on the wall for those who wanted to keep Theosophy to tiny
little musty rooms filled with bored ancients wondering if they would go to
devachan before the lecture ended.

Now, a few things to remember.  alt. theosophy is unmoderated and will remain
that way.  So don't even think about suggesting a moderator.  It ain't gonna
happen.  That means that some of us may be exposed to things we did not know
existed and wished that they didn't.  But fear not, no one was ever killed by
the occassional get-rich-tomorrow spam or an occasional posting of a gif of
someone doing something embarrassing with a farm animal. (No Doss, I don't
mean cooking it! :-)))
Think of all the christian evangalists Alex will get to flame.

As for me, I haven't been this happy since I foreclosed on the orphanage on
christmas eve!

Chuck the Atrocious MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker