Planes

May 22, 1996 05:57 AM
by Kay Ziatz

> For: Kim Poulsen <poulsen@dk-online.dk>

     Hello!

>in "kama-rupa". There's no principle corresponding to kama-rupa
k> Hmmm...she may mean "mayavi-rupa" - illusoric form. I perceive
kama-rupa
k> as a distinct state of consciousness related to the ego - not a
permanent
 "Subjective state" is Kama-loka, I think. Like Devachan, too.
K.H. wrote to mr. Sinnett that both of them are states.
Further he writes "yr. 5th principle with its carrier, kama"
(I'm sorry, all quotes here are in reverse translation from russian.
This K.H.'s letter is marked as 88b)
I think kama here's a plane, kama-rupa is a body and kama-loka
is a state.  But in same letter K.H. writes that kama-rupa is a 4-th
principle.

HPB writes that linga-sharira is related with spleen, so i think
her linga sharira or astral body is CWL&AAB's "etheric body".
Sinnet directly writes in "Esoteric Buddhism": "Third principle is
astral body, or linga sharira, it's etheric double of physical body".

K.H.'s kama-rupa should be an astral body of CWL and most other people.
Sinnett writes that "animal soul" is 5th principle in letter #32
and M. doesn't critisize it, but in "Esoteric Buddhism" Sinnett
writes: 4. Animal Soul - Kama-rupa. (Chapter II).
Footnote below table says that this set of principles is improved
relatively to previosly published in "Theosophist". :()
Note that Sinnett has only one Manas (5-th principle), not divi-
ding it to "rupa" & "arupa". Krishna in Bhagavad-gita doesn't
divide manas, too, but there's only 5 principles. HPB in vol. 3
of SD divides it to higher & lower and comes more closely to
the CWL's system:
     HPB               CWL
 [atman]            Atman
 Buddhi             Buddhi
 [Buddhi]-manas     Arupa-manas
 Kama-manas         Rupa-manas
 Pranic Kama        Astral    [correspondence ot these two
 Astral             Etheric    was explained above]
 Objective          Physical

 From above follows that founders & mahatmas widely experimented
with a set of principles, and this set probably wasn't "ready"
up to the time of writing "TD", so we shouldn't dogmatize infor-
mation on principles published in TD.

Summarizing this, i colclude that CWL/AAB system seems to me more
appropriate. Note that on each "odd" plane live to bodies and on
each "even" plane lives one. It helps to overlay this system to
5-fold (Atman, Buddhi, Manas, Kama of Bh.G.) + physical body.
Atman should be here "2-fold", too, but because it's both "personal"
& "impersonal", i think. And because i cannot apply logic to matters
that are higher than manas.

 W/best regards, Kay Ziatz (aka Konstantin Zaitzev) 2:5020/360.4 Fidonet

--- SmartMop for Windows
 * Origin: Nonsense (2:5020/360.4)