Daily life story for Liesel & Doss

May 22, 1996 06:43 AM
by Martin_Euser

Hi Liesel, Doss, Alan, Alexis, Chuck, John & others,

The Spirit has really been working in our group! I feel good about
the plans of alt.theosophy and would like togive an example of daily
life that illustrates an important aspect of theosophy:
the teachings about the spheres.

Story: Imagine that you are going to a party a friend of yours is giving.
This day you've had a quarrel with your boss about something futile.
You have a little bit of a bad mood about that.
You enter the house of your friend and see an old acquaintance.
Immediately your mood is changing. You feel like you've entered another
sphere, another world. You really like this guy and soon
you find yourself chatting about the days of old when you have been
on holidays in the jungle together. Now those were times!
When you go back home, you start remembering the quarrel you had
with your boss, and you're still a bit angry with him, but you decide
to talk the matter over with him tomorrow. Suddenly you don't feel
that angry with him anymore..

This story illustrates a powerful concept of esoteric wisdom:
the concept of *attuning to spheres*. Now, obviously everybody is doing
this kind of thing many times a day, no matter whether one is alone or
whether one meets some people. The mind is like an instrument of music:
it can be (at)tuned to many frequencies or spheres of being.

Daily life experiences such as this one are recognizable for everybody.
I could elaborate on this, but I sure would like to have some feedback
from others. Daily life can provide plenty of examples that can serve
as an illustration for theosophical teachings. It is a matter of
*observation* and recognition of course.

I prefer to use examples like this above my own specific experiences,
although of course I have the same daily life experience as in the example
above.

Well, Liesel, what do you think about that?

Friendly Yours,

Martin