an uneasy guideline

May 21, 1996 05:06 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Alan says

I have decided to change the unnoficial guidelines.

>We DO talk about the psychic.  I just did.

Liesel says,

I've heard about this business of not talking psychism a couple of times now
on this list. Various people on this list are psychic (me excluded) and have
apparently run into theosophical walls with their talent. I'd like to tell
you that before I got into the internet I'd never heard of such
discrimination, although I'd heard of there being unskilled & skilled
psychics, & maybe that's the same thing. It seems like unbelievable to me
that people who walk in the footsteps of HPB, and Dora Kunz could downplay
psychism. Harry VG did a fine job of healing me with his psychism, & also
healed countless others. Dora has ditto, JRC is doing ditto. Alexis is
sometimes doing ditto. The only thing is until very recently, we tried to
protect people like Dora & Harry, because almost everyone except
Theosophists- in -the -know thought that psychics were real gone cooks &
fakers. Because of this, we didn't talk about them, or only very sparingly,
except among ourselves. But I thought we all knew, for instance what Dora
did. I know Harry hid his abilities except when with his group, for self
protection. The kind of not talking about psychism as it is described on
this list, seems to be a caricature of why we really didn't talk about it.
I'm still careful to whom I tell about it. But at least, nowadays when I
talk about my shaman, most people don't think anymore that I'm crazy.

Matter of fact, my shamans' wife is going to briefly visit me in a few
weeks. I've invited something like 30 Syracusans who I chose because they're
interested in meeting a shaman's wife. I'm inviting for cheese & crackers &
cookies, & I expect we'll have some warm, friendly interchanges. I asked my
friend, Kathy to help me pick up Marie from the airport, & next time we met,
she asked whether her son could come along, because he'd love to meet her in
a situation when he could really talk to her. I had to convince another
young man who works here at Summerfield, that he didn't have to go home &
bone up on esoteric literature before she arrived. Marie's a person who
loves people, and I think we'll all have a great good time. Maybe she'll
tell them something about psychism.

Liesel