Re: To: Daniel Re: bashing Eldon

May 21, 1996 04:02 PM
by Jerry Schueler

>I was really hoping when I subscribed to this list that "we" could have
>some good discussions, even heated discussions, on a variety of
>subjects without getting personal.  Let us even have a CLASH of
>opinions, but not of personalities.
>Does anybody on Theos-l see this vital distinction?

Everyone sees this distinction, Dan, but it is hard to do.  We have,
I think, already debated or "clashed" over several important
issues.  Psychism pro and con, for example.  Also techniques:
Karma Yoga pro and con, Raja Yoga pro and con, and Kundalini
Yoga pro and con.  To date, we have reached agreement on
none of these.  I should also add in the Planes and Globes Model,
which is a wide open discussion with each theos-l member
having their unique view, and hardly any two in agreement.
Recently we have debated the SD pro and con.   We also
discussed what is Theosophy, and what are "core teachings"
and again reached no agreement.  It would seem from all of this,
that Theosophy itself is very much an individual thing.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI