Re: Theosophy Bashing

May 21, 1996 01:08 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:08 PM 5/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
 but (for instance) the fact that HPB *had a
>personality*, and that personality could very well *have* had
>prejudices that colored the presentation of "races"? That
>Theosophy might actually have a *shadow* that some Theosophists
>feel needs to be *dealt with openly*?
>							-JRC
>
>John: I cut this for brevity's sake, but it was an excellent message,and
perfectly complimentary to my own, But I am coming to believe we beat our
heads on a stone wall. Neither you, nor I will break through his absolutely
perfect self-satisfaction. So I'm going to change the subject.

You bring up a very interesting point in the paragraph I didn't delete, and
I want to address it. You know that my Mother is Yelena Blavatskaya's Third
Cousin, well My Mother is the most egregious racist I have ever encountered.
We have gone years "not speaking" because of my racial activism. When I
joined The Urban League and the NAACP, she threw me out of the house! The
Russians, unfortunately, because of their history are intrinsically
zenophobic, and zenophobia includes extreme racism. I have always wondered
how a woman like my Mother with strong Tartar, Mongol and Arab ancestry (via
Crimean Tartary) could be a racist, but she has no problems with it at all!
So it is possible that HPB DID have a strong, and possibly sub-conscious
strain of that zenophobia in her internal make-up. Certainly the "Root-race"
hypotheses lends itself to such interpretations. We alos cannot overlook the
strong Brahmanical influence in "Theosophy", the Arya Samaj was Brahmin
through and through, and the Hindu Caste system is probably the most
invidious system of institutionalized intra and inter racial racism I know of.

alexis